From: Paul Didzerekis <hostmaster@3-rivers.com>
Subject: replacing SIMS
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:45:00 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have finally decided to replace our old SIMS server with something newer.

I will be running Tiger Mac OS Client (not server).

MUST be Open source solution, No commercial program suggestions (thanks).

What I would like to have is something that can allow my clients to have at least a little bit of control over their email settings like maybe some server side anti-spam control per domain and ability to config their own email accounts.  Must provide at least POP and SMTP services, but don't care about IMAP or even webmail and of course must have global anti-spam ability that is under my control.

I don't mind having to install different systems that can work together as long as I have good instructions to follow.  I wasted a day trying to follow the instructions for getting ECM2 installed but kept running into problems because there are no clear concise step by step instructions for the install process.  I also think it was because it is geared more towards install on Tiger Server.  It actually looks like a great system and I would love to use it but I would need better instructions on what steps to follow to get it installed correctly.  Has anyone else gotten it installed and running correctly on Tiger Client?

What does everyone recommend to replace SIMS with that will allow at least the abilities I outlined above?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Didzerekis