From: Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com>
Subject: Re: replacing SIMS
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:11:11 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

What does everyone recommend to replace SIMS with that will allow at least the abilities I outlined above?

I was going to suggest ECM until I read your whole post. I found it rather easy to configure. And IIRC, didn't require anything Server specific.

i've been using ECM2 for a while as well, though i've been maintaining a lot of the packages separately, rather than using those on http://maxo.captainnet.net/ - in part because i was having a lot of problems with dictionary and other spam attacks that were overloading the standard settings, but mostly because the maintainer provides PPC binaries only, and i'm using an intel Mini. as such, i'd use ECM2s packaging as a starting point, then add on as necessary for things like logrolling, bayesian filtering, and crash monitoring.

FYI, i've found a lot of the packages can be acquired more easily, and are updated more frequently, through either fink or macports/darwinports.

  charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
  option8@option8.com
  http://mentalhygiene.com