From: David Muszynski <david@technospider.com>
Subject: Re: Backup
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:59:05 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On May 19, 2008, at 10:08 AM, lcs@spellnetwork.com wrote:

I am having a problem with my backup server.  It has been working over the years but today it won't forward the mail it has collected to the primary server.

Short Story:  Yesterday my primary server stopped listening on port 25.  I checked the backup and it also was not listening on 25.  Since the backup is at my home I restarted it immediately (things had been down for about 6 hours).  The backup started immediately collecting mail but it was marked "failed" as it came in which doesn't make sense to me.  Anyway, today I started the primary in my office and cannot get the backup to send it's mail to the primary.  Does anyone know how to force this?  I hope someone is still around on this list.  BTW - I am using the latest version of SIMS (LOL).

--LCS

I believe that you have to open the messages and change the failed message back to something else. There may have been a hex editor involved. It's been so long ago now.
Ah, the memories.
--
Thanks,
David