From: Michael A. Pasek <mike001@michael-pasek.com>
Subject: Re: end of an era
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:24:37 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
In SIMS Digest #2547, "Michael Heth" <mlr@serversmiths.com> wrote:
I'm still flogging 2 last version SIMS servers and they hold up pretty  well.

Ditto.

 But I just moved from a colo big ISP situation to a bizclass cable
 setup at my office. I'm getting throughput/can't talk/bounce issues
 from time to time, more often than before. Anyone know of any
 situation with SIMS where a receiving server would not be able to
 verify a domain with SIMS? or sumthin?

I was waiting to see if anybody else would chime in, but I guess I'm the
only "lurker" left....

Is it SIMS that can't "verify a domain", or someone you're trying to send
to ?  It's probably DNS-related, and I'm guessing that your cable ISP
either has no PTR record for your IP address, or it doesn't match the
forward-lookup address.  Either way, what's in the SIMS logs (you might
have to "crank up" the logging, if possible).

 I have felt it might just be a  co-incidence but I also know all SIMS
 users love to see some traffic  on the list from time to time.

I will say that there have been some very knowledgeable people that have
contributed to the list, and I've benefitted from their contributions.

Any help is appreciated, recent header from bounce is below.

You forgot to include the header.....

Michael A. Pasek
Pasek Consulting, Inc.
mike001@michael-pasek.com