From: Bill Christensen <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: Spam spike
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:48:02 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 8:51 PM -0400 4/28/09, Alan Saul wrote:
I've been getting tons of spam for the past several days, and am wondering whether something changed at spamhaus or something. I didn't see anything on their site. I just use zen.spamhaus.org as my blacklist server. Any recommendations, apart from giving up on SIMS? :-)

I don't use SIMS for any incoming mail any more, but I've seen a steady growth of spam in general over the past week or so.  My Gmail box typically shows under 20,000 in the spam folder, but it had jumped up to almost 26,000 in the course of a week.   Maybe they just hadn't done the automatic dumping for a while, but it seemed that more was slipping through than usual.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>