From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: Can't connect to account
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:34:54 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 06/01/09 11:03, lcs@spellnetwork.com wrote:

Thanks for the response.  I increased the log level to all and got the
same error.  Another response off list told me that -36 is an I/O
error and to check the disk.  I think the file is corrupted so I
created another account. I can copy over the files from one account to
the other - but i need to download the files still in the mailbox on
the server.  Any ideas on how to do that?  There is a file in the
accounts folder with my email account name that is 52MB but how do I
get the individual emails out of that file?

The most basic way is with a text editor (BBEdit/TextWrangler should be able to deal text files that size). Or, IIRC, SIMS mailboxes are formatted as mbox files. If so you should be able to open it as a mailbox in Apple Mail or a variety of other mail clients. Going from dimming memories of SIMS at this point, so no guarantees. Best of luck!  8^)

--
Christopher Bort
Homes Magazine

Real Estate Advertising/ Web Products/ Digital Printing Services

Serving: Wine Country Napa & Sonoma County, Marin County, San Francisco Bay
Area, Santa Cruz County, Monterey County , San Luis Obispo County & Santa
Barbara County