From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: Final task
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:24:50 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 06/02/09 06:22, lcs@spellnetwork.com wrote:

Well I have finally made the move to replace SIMS.  It seems a shame
since it feels like I'm abandoning an old friend.  SIMS has been with
me for years but since she decided to totally corrupt my account and
it is unrecoverable

It's a little like getting a lobotomy. It hurts at first, and then you forget...  ;-]

- I must move on.
There are several accounts on SIMS that still have mail in them and I need to send it to the new server.  For the time being, I turned the SIMS box into a backup mail server.  I need a little assistance getting the mail in the existing boxes to be resent so it goes to the primary machine.  DNS is reconfigured and propagated so that part is working.

You don't say what server you're moving to, but CommuniGate Pro includes a nice little program called MovePOPMail that will log on to each account you specify on your old POP3 server (i.e. SIMS) and transfer all the messages via SMTP to whatever account(s) you specify on the new server. Since it uses POP3 and SMTP, neither the source nor the destination needs to be CGPro. That is to say, MovePOPMail will work regardless of what software the source and destination are running.

--
Christopher Bort
Homes Magazine

Real Estate Advertising/ Web Products/ Digital Printing Services

Serving: Wine Country Napa & Sonoma County, Marin County, San Francisco Bay
Area, Santa Cruz County, Monterey County , San Luis Obispo County & Santa
Barbara County