From: ɹןʇnqן <lbutler@covisp.net>
Subject: Re: Final task
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:15:00 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 2-Jun-2009, at 07:22, lcs@spellnetwork.com wrote:
Well I have finally made the move to replace SIMS.  It seems a shame since it feels like I'm abandoning an old friend.  SIMS has been with me for years but since she decided to totally corrupt my account and it is unrecoverable - I must move on.
There are several accounts on SIMS that still have mail in them and I need to send it to the new server.  For the time being, I turned the SIMS box into a backup mail server.  I need a little assistance getting the mail in the existing boxes to be resent so it goes to the primary machine.  DNS is reconfigured and propagated so that part is working.

You can forward the nem mail to the new server using the SIMS router, and you can simply move the mbox files off the Mac to the nex machine.  You will have to change the line endings, however.  Easiest way is to open the mbox files in BBEdit and then resave them with new EOL markers to be compatible with the new server.

To be fair, it was highly unlikely that SIMS corrupted your account, it's more likey the disk or the OS had a failure.

--
*** Word_of_God was kicked from #christian by SageRider (Please
don't Swear)