From: ɹןʇnqן <lbutler@covisp.net>
Subject: Re: Final task
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 13:56:28 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 2-Jun-2009, at 13:44, lcs@spellnetwork.com wrote:
You are correct - there is a disk issue - but only with 1 account - all other accounts are fine and I can copy them.  When I try to copy my account to another box, I get error -50 can't be copied.  There is probably come corruption but it's hard to find repair utilities for MAC OS 9 still around.

I thin barebones still has  an OS 9 version of BBEdit available for download.  You might be able to open the file with BBEdit. Short of that, if you can either boot OS X or put the hard drive on an OS X machine you could do

cat oldfile > newfile

and at least get most of the data out of it.

<http://pine.barebones.com/updaters/BBEdit_6.5.3_Update.smi.zip>

I'm not positive this will work for you since at the time there were two BBEdit products (BBedt, BBEdit Lite).  I can't find download links for BBEdit Light.

--
I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away.