From: Michael Heth <mlr@serversmiths.com>
Subject: redirecting emails - kinda OT
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:01:08 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hiya,

I have a logistics problem and thought maybe someone still on the list might have a clue for me.

I have a talk list archive that runs in 4D. It watches a folder on the HD and whenever a file shows up it slurps the text into the database. So I have an account in SIMS which is subscribed to the talk list and the action is to save the file in the folder. Has worked fine for 10 years.

But I had a problem with some database corruption and had to revert to an older backup.

I have all the emails I need to get back into the archive on my Mac and can see that I can create a rule in Mail.app that will redirect the emails to my account and the slurping would commence.

My issue is I would like to try and retain the original dates on the emails and not have them all show the same date of redirection.

Does anyone know if this will work? or that it can be configured somehow to do what I want?

Thanks for any help/pointers.

M./

Michael Heth
mlr@serversmiths.com