From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: Spam Killers
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:45:52 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 08/14/09 08:38, lcs@spellnetwork.com (Leonard Spell) wrote:

I know this list is about dead but I thought I would take a chance.  I
have migrated off SIMS for my primary server (still have a backup
running SIMS). Everything is running smoothly but I'm getting slammed
with SPAM.  I have used RBL's but they only seemed to slow it down a
little.  I was thinking of installing Spamassassin since it is open
source.  I tried several times but keep running into problems because
it seems to be dependent on many other little open source pieces.  I
am trying to install on a Mac OS X client machine.  Does anyone here
know where I can get directions for an install on Leopard?

Thanks for any info - or other suggestions - one might have.  In case
you need this info, I am using Postfix + Dovecot.

I haven't installed SA on Leopard, but I've done it on both Panther and Tiger. I've always just used CPAN to install SpamAssassin and its dependencies, using <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.2/INSTALL> as a guide. It can take a bit of time to work through the list of required and optional modules, but its all relatively straightforward.

--
Christopher Bort
Homes Magazine

Real Estate Advertising/ Web Products/ Digital Printing Services

Serving: Wine Country Napa & Sonoma County, Marin County, San Francisco Bay
Area, Santa Cruz County, Monterey County , San Luis Obispo County & Santa
Barbara County