From: Daniel Knight <dknight@bakerbooks.com>
Subject: Two internet connections
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:17:53 -0500
To: SIMS <SIMS@stalker.com>
I have a dual-line ISDN connection into the home with a static IP. This
is connected to my SuperMac J700, which runs SIMS and Macjordomo. It's
also connected to my ethernet network.

I have a cable modem at home with a static IP. This is connected to a
hardware router, which lets any Mac on my ethernet network access the
internet at pretty high speed.

I'd like to find a way that the mail/list server can access both
networks. For one, being able to send over cable would be a lot faster.
Another factor: I want to stop paying for the ISDN service.

I can't figure out how I might accomplish this short of setting up a
second mail/list server while shifting the MX records to the new IP.
There's got to be a better way.

Anyone managed this? (If it works, I want to try to do the same thing at
work: keep ISDN for our mail server [multi-year ISP contract] and use
cable for all other access.)

Dan Knight, information systems manager       dknight@bakerbooks.com
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Saved by grace