From: Rick Palmer <repalmer@sunflower.org>
Subject: Re: Moving SIMS folder....
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 12:19:51 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Ya, put an alias for the sims folder in the active system folder and put it where ever you want to.....!

I'm sure this is on page one of the docs, but it's a cold snowy (yes
snow) Sunday here in New York City and I'm being lazy.

I'm trying to move all my server applications and files to an
external FireWire drive. I want to be able to take that drive to
another F/W enabled box in case there is a failure of the primary
box. (I'll be backing up the F/W drive to either tape or another F/W
drive.)

Anyway... the only server that runs on the box that doesn't keep all
it's files in it's own folder seems to be SIMS. Can I move the SIMS
folder out of the System folder and into the SIMS (application)
folder and will it still run?

Anyone see an downside to this?

Thanks,
___Joe___

Joseph D'Andrea                 JoeDan@West21.com
WEST21.com Internet services for the 21st Century
              http://www.west21.com/

Mac for productivity. Linux for development.
Palm for mobility. Windows for laughs.