From: Systems <cbowers@caravel.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Spam Stopping
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:25:45 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> If I have read and understood the manual on Spam stopping correctly, under
> SIMS there is no way to block a specifc username at the server
> level -- this
> is more of a Communigate function.  Correct?

No, actually you can put this in the router <username@domain.com>=error

And that will block mail from that address.

> Now the thing that really confuses me is that I have "verify return path"
> clicked.  I read the documentation to say that whenever the return path is
> left blank, the server rejects the message.
>
> Where did I go wrong!?!?

Hmmm, I think you may have something here.  I removed my machine from the
clients list, and made a port 25 telnet session to my server (1.8B8).

An empty mail to: string gives a 501 incorrect address format
A mail to: string with a bogus domain gives a 572 domain does not exist
HOWEVER a mail to: string with <> in it is accepted, and the message is
delivered!

Can someone explain this?

Craig Bowers
Systems Manager