From: Kreme <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: Spam Stopping
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:31:34 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 08:58 4/12/2000, you wrote:
Hello,

If I have read and understood the manual on Spam stopping correctly, under
SIMS there is no way to block a specifc username at the server level -- this
is more of a Communigate function.  Correct?

I am getting hammered by one machine that is not passing a username but is
using an aol.com (from what I can tell at least).  Here is the header

 by mail.dina.org (Stalker SMTP Server 1.8b7) with ESMTP id S.0000080031 for

send the headers off to abuse@aol.com

Now the thing that really confuses me is that I have "verify return path"
clicked.  I read the documentation to say that whenever the return path is
left blank, the server rejects the message.

The return path is "rly-ip01.mx.aol.com ([205.188.156.49] verified)

Where did I go wrong!?!?

You're understanding of the headers.  A FROM line has nothing to do with the return path.