From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Local secondary MX failing
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:41:04 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 9:30 AM -0700 4/17/00, Mark Hartman  imposed structure on a stream of
electrons, yielding:

>After reviewing the logs, I don't think so.  The messages are being
>rejected with a -15010 error (DNS loop), so I think there's a DNS
>problem.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
>More info: I have the router on pollux set up with:
>
>    harthaven.com = castor.harthaven.com.smtp
>
>Is this correct?  (Pollux never should get any mail for harthaven.com
>that it keeps.)

That one is a little off.

You should not need exactly one entry on pollux to make this work:

harthaven.com = harthaven.com.smtp

That tells SIMS that it should relay mail arriving for *@harthaven.com
and that it should look to the 'normal' reference for SMTP delivery (i.e.
DNS)  to determine where to relay it to.

--
Bill Cole