From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Local secondary MX failing
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 01:26:20 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 1:18 PM -0500 4/17/00, Jeffrey Folk  imposed structure on a stream of
electrons, yielding:
>On 4/17/00 1:13 PM, the honorable Jeffrey Folk <jfolk@qzoneinc.com> wrote:
>
>> These should point to qualified hosts [A records] so that delegated and DNS
>> records match.
>Oops, what I mean is NS records. The NS record can be a CNAME of a A record
>host.

Should not be. NS and MX records are supposed to point at names with real
A records. CNAME records are badly abused and would be gone from the
modern DNS spec were it not for the trick that allows CIDR reverse
delegations.

--
Bill Cole