From: Kreme <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: All users account
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:32:19 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>From Kreme, received 18/04/2000, 5:54 pm +0100 (GMT):
> At 02:19 4/18/2000, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >On Mon, Apr 17, 2000, 15:27:13 GMT
> >   Vito Parisi - Q&S, <vitop@quesse.it> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello, is there any trick or other way to use a "all users" account in
>SIMS?
> >
> >There's no such a thing in SIMS, sorry. The closest thing you can do is to
> >create 'allusers' account and manually set it up as a mirror list to all
> >other accounts.
>
> By the way, this is trivial to setup automagically with say, perl or
> applescript.  Just scann your accounts folder and put the names in
> allaccount@R (I think that's the mirror list address file).

I use a very easy way which gets a list of all SIMS accounts very quickly,
but it uses a Mac text search program called UltraFind (coincidentally by
me), which - if you don't have, everybody is welcome to use _free_ in demo
mode (demo mode runs for 3 months, then just bin it) from
http://www.ultradesign.com/archive/ultrafind_2.5.3.hqx

Oh, I forgot the trick I actually used.  Eh-heh.

Open up you accounts folder in a MacOS window.  hit command-a, command-c.  Open the allacount@r file with a text editor. Hit command-V.  Weed out the "allaccount" line and any others.  Badda Bing, Badda boom.  I don't remember having to do anything else...