From: Jeff Alpher <null@doubleclicksystems.com>
Subject: Re: Problems switching from dedicated IP to Firewall
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:12:02 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 4/25/2000 4:52 AM, someone claiming to be dave@investorsleague.com
(Dave Burns) said:

>"Enable Local NAT" is checked on the Gateway dialog.
>
>Another suggestion corrected my router table problem (silly me) and now the
>mail server works correctly for logins outside of my local network. At least
>I'm the only one affected now.
>
>Any suggestions on what I'm supposed to fix so that it will work from behind
>the firewall?

In my earlier msg, I had forgotten I had a problem when upgrading to IPNR
1.4.8. Everything seemed to work execept couldn't see the mail server on
the LAN. After some exhaustive testing in conjunction w/ the developer of
IPNR, he suggested I downgrade to 1.4.7. That fixed it. It may be fixed
beyond 1.4.8, but haven't upgraded.

Jeff

Jeff Alpher
Double Click Systems, Inc.
Washington DC USA

Voice: 202-537-1603
Email: jalpher at DoubleClickSystems dot com