From: Serge Belleudy-d'Espinose <sam@ijm.jussieu.fr>
Subject: Sending mailbox
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:40:05 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi all

Regarding the question on how to send a mailbox to someone who just left
(sorry, I deleted the original.)

Joe suggested to put the mailbox file in the submitted folder. This will
send again only the first message of the box.

I don't know any easy way to have SIMS resend the whole messages, but
here's the trick that was suggested here a while ago.

Edit the mbox with any text editor (preferably BBEdit): on each 'From'
line, delete the trailing ';' and numbers. Now, the file can be opened as a
Eudora mailbox. So all you have to do is send it to your user as an
attachment.

As this is a common problem for many people on this list, I suggest a new
feature in SIMS : have the submitted folder - or a new and separate folder
- scan for multiple messages in a file to be resent.

Serge

_ \///\/ _   I N S T I T U T    | Serge Belleudy-d'Espinose - IJM Tour 43
 \///\///     J A C Q U E S     | 2 place Jussieu - 75251 Paris Cedex 05
_///\///\_      M O N O D       | m@il : service.informatique@ijm.jussieu.fr
__/\///\__ Service Informatique | WWW  : http://www.ijm.jussieu.fr/