From: Andrew R. Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Subject: Re: Automatic Virus Screening?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:00:52 -0500
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I've worked with Symantec's product for scanning incoming/outgoing messages.
It works, there's no question.  But it is slow and a pain for routing mail.
Basically, you set up another machine with the Symantec software on it,
which is actually the SMTP receiver of messages.  It scans, then relays the
message on to the real mail server.

Depending on the volume of mail you receive, there may be a huge slow down
in mail delivery.

The only other downside that I saw, was that it didn't recognize Mac virii.

-A.