From: Franck Horlaville <fhlist@online.co.ma>
Subject: Re: SMTP sender verification with multihoming
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:50:27 +0000
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>>>I had trouble with a domain that was rejecting email from one of my user
>>>accounts because the email address started with a number instead of a
letter.

>>I'm afraid email addresses are in fact supposed to start with a letter
>>according to RFC ... But I'm sure Bill Cole will confirm this.
>
>Umm... No. I don't see it in RFC822 or recall any such restriction
>elsewhere. My first Internet e-mail address was all numbers and a period
>in the local-part and I never encountered any problems with it.

woops - probably confused with host names ...

well, one out of two not so bad *sigh*

thanks Bill

btw, another question - I seem to recall having read here (but can't find
it) that one could use subfolders in the accounts folder ? I have tried
and it didn't seem to work. Using 1.8b8. Can anyone shed a light on this ?

thanks

Franck Horlaville,

Technical Director - Athena Online s.a.
Web site creation and hosting