From: Eric Berdahl <berdahl@intelligentparadigm.com>
Subject: SIMS losing configuration changes?
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 17:32:36 -0700
Here's a general question: At which time(s) do(es) SIMS flush its
configuration data to disk? Configuration data can be anything from
changes to the various module preferences (e.g. the SMTP module's client
host list) to individual users' passwords.

The reason I ask is that the Mac on which we run SIMS wedged pretty tight
this afternoon. After restarting, one of my users couldn't log in to
collect his mail. SIMS' logs indicated that it was rejecting his
password. The user in question is the latest user to be added, and it
appeared (!) that SIMS had reverted to his default password (i.e. the one
I input when I created the account and which the user immediately changed).

Is is possible that SIMS doesn't flush its data until it is quit cleanly?
If so, does that suggest that I should quit SIMS cleanly every so often
to make sure configuration changes have been flushed?

For what it's worth, I'm currently using SIMS 1.8b7.

Thanks in advance,
Eric