From: Rick Palmer <repalmer@sunflower.org>
Subject: Re: mail won't send :( PLEASE HELP!
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 08:58:14 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I am sure you must have some network problem.  A second sims on another machine doing the same thing makes it seem pretty certain.

rick

Yeah it still times out...  My users can check mail.. they just can't send
it out. I checked with DNS expert and it didn't find any probs except my
Time To Live is set very low (this is done so if I find a solution and need
to change DNS it can be done quickly). I have tried dialing in with a modem
myself and I hang to using both the SMTP setting and the server IP address.
I just even tried setting up an open relay server on another box and even
that hangs...

Mike