From: Aaron Lynch <Aaron@DigitalSpeed.com>
Subject: Re: mail won't send :( PLEASE HELP!
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 10:38:35 -0700
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
on 5/3/00 10:34 AM, Mike S. at mike@macrevolution.com wrote:

> Yes it is because they can ping and trace route...  It just hangs on sending
> mail...  but the POP3 side works fine. I have also tried with several SMTP
> server settings and they all work calling Palmdale Calf, but they hang when
> dialed in thru Chattanooga, TN. and St Louis MO.
>
> Mike
>
> on 5/3/00 10:21 AM, Aaron Lynch at Aaron@DigitalSpeed.com wrote:
>
>> is the dial up users dns corectly resolving to the right machine?
>>
>> --  Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.
>> Colin Greene

have one of them telnet to port 25 and see if they can see the server that
way.

I'd suspect uunet is preventing it's dial up pool from using port 25.
which, frankly is not all bad.  they may just need to send through uunet's
smtp servers.

-- You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word
alone.
Al Capone (1899-1947)