From: Jeff Alpher <null@doubleclicksystems.com>
Subject: Travel and Mirroring
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 22:18:50 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I'm going out of town for a week and managed to borrow a laptop for the
trip. I'd like to retrieve my mail while gone, but still allow my desktop
machine at home to get the same mail cuz that's where I want the longterm
storage. Haven't made a decision whether to turn the desktop unit off
while gone.

So I created a new account "travel", and in my "regular" account
"jalpher", I've selected the "mirror to list" option and entered the new
account "travel" in the entry box.

It seems to be doing what I want, which is duplicating the incoming mail
sent to "jalpher" and resending to "travel". So I should be able to "pop"
the "travel" acct while on the road, and all the "jalpher" mail still
ends up on the desktop.

But I'm wondering -- is this the best strategy for traveling? What do
other people do? What are the drawbacks to what I've done? Looking
forward to your thoughts.

Jeff

Jeff Alpher
Double Click Systems, Inc.
Washington DC USA

Voice: 202-537-1603
Email: jalpher at DoubleClickSystems dot com