From: Mark Hartman <mh-list@harthaven.com>
Subject: Re: Reject based on subject name?
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 20:24:33 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 9:09 AM -0700 5/5/00, Mike Yrabedra wrote:
>With the "ILOVEYOU" virus yesterday, is there a way to bounce emails coming
>to SIMS that have a certain subject name. For instance, tell SIMS to reject
>any email with the subject name "ILOVEYOU".

Dmitry and the Stalker folks:

I might suggest that a simple way to allow for users to put something like
this up themselves would be to change SIMS slightly.  Currently, messages
arrive into the "Submitted" folder from the POP module, and are processed
from there by the SMTP module.  However, if these two modules could be made
to look at different folder names, a daemon could get in the middle to do
processing for ALL accounts much as AutoShare does for individual accounts
now.

I think that this doesn't even really need a user interface, since it'd be
a really expert-level hack; a 'STR ' resource somewhere should do the trick.

What do you think?

Regards
Mark Hartman