From: Mike S. <mike@macrevolution.com>
Subject: Re: I am SO confused SIMS w/ or w/o communigator; please help
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 16:20:48 -0700
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
on 5/7/00 4:00 PM, La Maroon at l_maroon@conknet.com wrote:

> I am getting ready to move to SIMS from an early version of AIMS.
> I downloaded comminigator to administer it.  Now my question is
> about what is free and what is not with Communigator.

Communigator is free.. You use it to admin SIMS

> Also If you are running SIMS without communigator, HOW do you administer
> it without the communigator interface?????

First log in as postmaster using communigator, then go to general and change
the reverise IP look up you'll see to mail.yourdomain.com. Next goto HTTP
and open the port to 5. now save it and quit. Open your web browser to
<http://mail.yourdomain.com:8010/Granted.html enter postmaster as the user
and your OS password as the password and your in!

> ALSO, I was looking at EIMS and was wondering why people choose SIMS
> over EIMS.

because it is very stable and relaible, best of all it's free and Mac users
like free things  :)

Let me know if you need more help,

Mike