From: Kreme <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: I love Macs!
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 16:31:55 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 22:51 5/7/2000, you wrote:
I don't have OS8.6 or I'd try it out here first:  would it be possible to
use the folder actions to trigger on any changes to the folder holding new
messages, catching each new message file before it gets processed by SIMS,
and checking for it that way?

1. The folder would have to be open, and on a busy server that would be a nightmare all by itself (we all know how well MacOS handles folders with thousands of items...)

2. You would have to be able to whisk the file away in that brief instant of time between when SIMS finishes writing it and SIMS starts processing it.