From: Christer Olsson <christer@ljusaideer.se>
Subject: Re: I love Macs!
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 10:49:29 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>At 3:40 PM -0700 5/8/00, Aaron Lynch  imposed structure on a stream of
>electrons, yielding:
>  >on 5/8/00 3:31 PM, Kreme at kreme@kreme.com wrote:
>  >
>  >> At 22:51 5/7/2000, you wrote:
>  >>> I don't have OS8.6 or I'd try it out here first:  would it be possible to
>  >>> use the folder actions to trigger on any changes to the folder
>holding new
>  >>> messages, catching each new message file before it gets
>processed by SIMS,
>  >>> and checking for it that way?
>[... problems snipped]
>  >This is all kinda a red herring aint it?  I know we all wanna squeeze every
>  >possible ounce out of SIMS but this 'feature' might be a tad over the top...
>

>Simple means of implementation that amounts to nothing but a hook for
>enterprising admins: split the queue. Provide an option for the delivery
>into the Queue to go into one folder with dequeueing being done from
>another folder. This way the admin can write anything he likes to
>determine what gets tossed over the wall from receipt to delivery.

Without having tested it I think the following should work:

1. Create a account for filtering, lets call it "filter.this"

2. Add lines like
   <*@domaintofilter.com> = filter.this.local

3. Do whatever you want with the incoming mail to "filter.this"

4. Move your filtered mail to the submitted folder
  (remember to add correct envelope information so you don't cause a neverending
  loop by sending the mail once more to <account@domaintofilter.com>