From: Kreme <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: Setup of the antispam i 1.8b7
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 18:08:09 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:12 5/10/2000 -0700, you wrote:
Set SMTP to "relay for clients only". Require clients to send before check (upgrade to 1.8b8 to allow you to set the time out on the send before check validation).

Or (my solution): Relay for clients only and set the POP clients to use SMTP authentification. On Eudora that requires v4.2 or up. No send before check required. (This a bit of a hassle to setup in Eudora. The windows version requires you edit a configuration file, the mac version requires a weird type in then click on a link mechanism. I suppose other email client may be easier.)

<x-eudora-setting:264=y> IIRC.  Double click, open the options, and save.

Too bad Eudora doesn't REALLY support auth though, making my @mac.com email much more of a pain in the butt.