From: Jeff Alpher <null@doubleclicksystems.com>
Subject: Re: Travel and Mirroring
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 23:02:08 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 5/9/2000 4:15 PM, someone claiming to be rb@dprint.com (Bob Bergey)
said:

>At 10:18 PM -0400 5/5/2000, Jeff Alpher wrote:
>
>>So I created a new account "travel", and in my "regular" account
>>"jalpher", I've selected the "mirror to list" option and entered the new
>>account "travel" in the entry box.
>>
>>It seems to be doing what I want, which is duplicating the incoming mail
>>sent to "jalpher" and resending to "travel". So I should be able to "pop"
>>the "travel" acct while on the road, and all the "jalpher" mail still
>>ends up on the desktop.
>>
>>But I'm wondering -- is this the best strategy for traveling? What do
>>other people do? What are the drawbacks to what I've done? Looking
>>forward to your thoughts.

This turned out to be a more interesting thread than I expected.

I went w/ mirroring to email all my accts to addr "travel". When I
returned home, I deleted the "travel" acct and all email to "travel" on
the borrowed portable PC. Turned on the mail client machine at home and
retrieved the several hundred emails.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Jeff

Jeff Alpher
Double Click Systems, Inc.
Washington DC USA

Voice: 202-537-1603
Email: jalpher at DoubleClickSystems dot com