From: Eric Berdahl <berdahl@intelligentparadigm.com>
Subject: Re: Can OE/Win do APOP?
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:45:38 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi Craig,

>You're right that SPA is not the same as APOP.  Unfortunately I've never
>hear of anyone being able to do this.  If you search support.microsoft.com
>for APOP, you get a return of exactly 1 document, and that's to say that
>Exchange server does not support APOP.
>
>"Command: APOP

>This is one of the optional POP3 commands. "

Thanks for the sanity check. I went through exactly the same motions and
had myself half-convinced that I just wasn't looking in the right place.
"I mean, Outlook Express MUST support APOP, right?"

I've been told that there is a public beta of OE out, and I'm hoping APOP
support is something they added for this version. That's "hoping", mind
you, not "expecting".

I'm going back to banging my head against the wall. Sigh.

Thanks again,
Eric