From: matt <matt@thebishops.org>
Subject: Re: POP3 channel never closing
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 09:16:47 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>> >Check your log and see if you are getting a message like "OT out of
>> >memory error".  You will need your logging set to "All Info" in the POP
>> >logging setting.
>>
>> The problem occurred just once, and probably it isn't so easy to
>> reproduce the problem.
>

>In my case, 4 times.  It was not deliberately repeatable, despite hours of
>trying.

Some OT process, maybe even SIMS, is not releasing their OT sessions
properly.  It may be anything from the network card itself to a leak in
OT regarding certain protocols.  It would be good for the SIMS dev team
to monitor SIMS and verify to us that over time the app does the right
thing and releases memory as expected, so we can rule it out.

-Matt Bishop