From: Mike Yrabedra <bigkahuna@macsurfshop.com>
Subject: Re: adding dialup IPs to Blacklists
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:46:13 -0400
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
on 5/19/00 1:40 PM, Tod Fitch at tod@LTFdesign.com wrote:

> If you upgrade to 1.8b8 (or later?) you will have a location in your SMTP
> setup for specifying RBL servers (note the plural) to be used. Mine is set to:
>
> relays.mail-abuse.org "Please see http://www.mail-abuse.org/rss/enduser.html"
> rbl.maps.vix.com "Please see http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl/enduser.html"
> dul.maps.vix.com "Please see http://www.mail-abuse.org/dul/enduser.htm"
>
> Then in your Blacklisted hosts you need to add 127.x.x.x. addresses for
> each type of abuse you wish to block. You can check the various mail abuse
> web sites to see what 127.x.x.x. addresses correspond to what kind of
> block. I set mine to:
>
> 127.0.0.1-127.0.0.255
>
> To block everything.
>
> Anyway, you will have to upgrade from v1.7 to do this. So far v1.8b8 have
> been very stable for me and from what I can tell for others on this list.
>
> Regards,
> Tod Fitch

I run an online store that gets orders via email. Will setting up the above
, cause some of my customer's orders not to go through?

Is there a list of individual IPs or domains that are notorious for spamming
that I can put in my blacklist instead?

--
Mike Yrabedra
The BigKahuna

--The *Only* place to get phat Mac tshirts!