From: Tod Fitch <tod@LTFdesign.com>
Subject: Re: adding dialup IPs to Blacklists
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:35:12 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 10:46 AM 5/19/2000 , Mike Yrabedra wrote:
on 5/19/00 1:40 PM, Tod Fitch at tod@LTFdesign.com wrote:

[Snip instructions for setup RBL server access.]

I run an online store that gets orders via email. Will setting up the above
, cause some of my customer's orders not to go through?

Is there a list of individual IPs or domains that are notorious for spamming
that I can put in my blacklist instead?

With very rare exception, your customers should be sending mail to their ISP's mail server rather than directly to you. Because of this you should not have any problem.

Rare exception: A while ago, we had an inexpensive ISP that put a 1meg limit on attachments. My graphic designer wife was unable to send comps and finished work to her clients via email because of this limit. I set her up to send directly to the destination mail servers as a work around. No SPAM, no violation of use agreements, simply a work around for a restriction that should never have been there in the first place. (By the way, most of the SPAM I receive is via an account on that same ISP. They have only recently blocked relay of mail and have still to start using a RBL service.)