From: Systems <cbowers@caravel.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: adding dialup IPs to Blacklists
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:16:44 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Addional question, having implemented RSS and RBL but not DUL blocking, I'm
wondering if I did enable DUL blocking, would authenticated SMTP connections
still get through?  It would seem to me like it should by design but the few
days I was testing with it I had a user (who's dialup range was in the
mail-abuse.org DUL) who confirmed she had SMTP AUTH setup and yet couldn't
send mail through our SIMS (1.8B8) until I removed DUL blocking.  I would
have to concur that she has SMTP AUTH setup correctly since she's not in my
client list.

Craig Bowers