From: Systems <cbowers@caravel.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: adding dialup IPs to Blacklists
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:49:54 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

> Really?  127.0.0.1 is local machine, so this would prevent anyone
> from the
> machine SIMS is running on from sending mail.

Doesn't seem to.  I have 127.0.0.1-127.0.0.3 in my blacklist.
Previously I've had various email clients running automated tasks on the
same machine without issue.  Just now I opened a telnet session to SIMS from
the same machine on port 25 and sent mail to myself successfully.  The SIMS
log showed the connection from the public IP of the NIC.

Craig Bowers