From: Eric Berdahl <berdahl@intelligentparadigm.com>
Subject: Re: SIMS and AirPort NAT
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:47:05 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Aaron Lynch <mailto: Aaron@DigitalSpeed.com> wrote:

>It's the airport.  You can't go from inside nat to a ip mapped in the
>airport.  it just doesn't work.  What you can do is assign a secondary
>10.0.1.xx IP to your mailserver.  Use an IP over 200, and the airport won't
>try and assign it to a client.

I don't know that I understand how your suggestion is different from what
I have now.

The mailserver is using 10.0.1.201, not DHCP. The AirPort Base Station is
set to NAT from the public IP's pop3 and smtp ports to 10.0.1.201's pop3
and smtp ports. Is that the substance of your suggestion, or is there a
nuance I've missed?

Thanks,
Eric