From: Aaron Lynch <Aaron@DigitalSpeed.com>
Subject: Re: Off Topic: Simple Mail List software
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 07:59:20 -0700
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
on 5/29/00 7:49 AM, Jeff Alpher at null@doubleclicksystems.com wrote:

> I manage 2 mailing lists for a software product w/ about 60 names (and
> growing) on each. There are no "posts", it is broadcast only for new
> releases, bug notes, etc. I currently manage the "groups" in Claris
> Emailer, but it is somewhat painful to keep the lists updated. Is there a
> shareware (read: cheap) product that has simple database management and I
> can send mail out of? Autoshare said it worked w/ EIMS only, and
> macjordomo seems complicated for my needs, but I suppose I can make it
> work. To sum up: I'm looking for a FileMaker interface w/ a "mail
> currently found set this message" button, which I can do w/ applescript
> but I'm just too damn lazy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>

> -------------------------------------
> Jeff Alpher
> Double Click Systems, Inc.
> Washington DC USA
>
> Voice: 202-537-1603
> Email: jalpher at DoubleClickSystems dot com
> bigkahuna@doubleclicksystems.com
> second addr for bad bots only

well, galleon software has emerge, which is pretty nice.   But you'd have to
export the DB and then import it  to emerge. it's $99 but, very nice.

Other than that, acme teechnologies makes a filemaker plugin called
mondomail that sends mail directly from Filemaker which might be what you
want.

you could also just make an account in sims with a bunch of forwards.

I think though in the long run, macjordomo is your best bet.
--
<insert witty signature here>