From: Chas. Warner <cwarner@netpass.com>
Subject: Re: MMS
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 20:40:07 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have struggled with the concept of a web-based mail service for my site...the best I've come across is a java applet called JustMail from MainStay...free and you can plug it into any web page you design and is pretty functional...

At 10:11 6/2/2000 -0700, you wrote:
 >At 10:17 AM -0700 6/1/00, matt wrote:
 > >I agree with Dan MacDonald that MMS is a good product (not perfect) and
 > >Liang has done a good job on it.
 > >
 > >It is, however, too expensive for my needs, which is just a home mail
 > >server.  I originally thought it was $25, but now that I know it is $250
 > >I will simply forgo webmail for the time being.
 >
 >Me too. I have fewer than 100 SIMS accounts and of these, only three
 >expressed an interest in web-based email when I asked. Sure, I'd like to
 >offer this to them but it's just too expensive.

Maybe someone might convince MMS to offer a "small site" license for less
than 20 accounts or something.  Maybe taht license could be free (or $25 or
something) and then the full price for the full version.