From: Kreme <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: Mailer-Daemon Warning - Illegal Seek
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:29:17 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 08:27 6/6/2000 -0700, you wrote:
Hello -

What is an "Illegal seek" and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

No idea.  You'd have to contact the person at the other end.

Though the error is "temporary," no messages can be delivered to this
account from a couple of sources. SIMS keeps responding with this
error. I might have thought the account file was corrupted, but it's
receiving other mail just fine.

This is NOT a SIMS error.  You can't do anything about it.  This error is generated by the recipient's mailserver.