From: Daniel Solomons <daniel@oo.net>
Subject: Re: Mailer-Daemon Warning - Illegal Seek
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:57:54 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello -

At 1:29 PM -0600 6/6/00, Kreme wrote:
 >What is an "Illegal seek" and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

No idea.  You'd have to contact the person at the other end.

Though the error is "temporary," no messages can be delivered to this
account from a couple of sources. SIMS keeps responding with this
error. I might have thought the account file was corrupted, but it's
receiving other mail just fine.

This is NOT a SIMS error.  You can't do anything about it.  This error is
generated by the recipient's mailserver.

Thanks for responding, though your answer may not be entirely accurate. Bill Cole defined the error in his most recent posting to the list, and the server seemed to agree with him. Dmitry Akindinov at SIMS Technical Support also responded to the message as if it were generated by SIMS. Furthermore, the headers indicated that the message originated from SIMS.

If you know something we're missing, I can't imagine what it could be. Nevertheless, I'm always curious....

Thanks again,
Daniel

--

Daniel Solomons