From: cgb13 <cgb13@earthlink.net>
Subject: Messege sent multiple times
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:45:36 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have a client that is making a huge deal over the fact that he recieved
an email from our office 32 times. I have had many problems with this
client in the past (his email is regularly screwed up, but he is one of
those people that feels he is infalible, and anything in this world that
goes wrong must have been someone else's fault... if he was pulled over
for speeding, he would say the gas he was using was too efficient, and
caused him to speed).

I am looking into my logs, am I correct in assuming that if SIMS in fact
sent the email 32 times, there should be 32 log entries for sending the
mail. I am showing 6 different outbound (I assume different because of
the SMTP number is different for each one), and 2 inbound.

A: Am I reading the logs right, so that I can safely say that we in fact
did not send the email 32 times (although I can't vouch for anything
further into the chain then my SIMS server).

B: Is there a way to see the subjects of an email listed in the log? Do I
have to set it to log at a lower level (I left it at the default of
logging problems).

thanx

-c