From: Cerebus D Aardvark <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: Any problem with using a g4 with SIMS
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:13:47 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 6/9/00 at 10:03 -0400, Joseph D'Andrea said:

This is the on-topic part:
I want to upgrade a b/w g3/300. We're considering a faster g3
processor or a g4 processor. Are there any issues with SIMS that
would prevent me from using a g4? Besides the speed bump are there
any other advantages with SIMS and g4.

Unless you have an OC-3 or something the speed bump isn't going to be noticable.  Sims on a G3 can saturate a T1, and probably a T-3 as well.

get a nice old machine (I like the 4400's, they can be had for $300 and have ethernet) stick it on the network and have it be the mailserver.  If all it does is run SIMS it will be more than adequate.