From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
Subject: Re: Any problem with using a g4 with SIMS
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:17:18 -0500 (CDT)
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Joseph D'Andrea wrote:

> This is the on-topic part:
> I want to upgrade a b/w g3/300. We're considering a faster g3
> processor or a g4 processor. Are there any issues with SIMS that
> would prevent me from using a g4? Besides the speed bump are there
> any other advantages with SIMS and g4.

A faster G3 or a G4 would be total overkill for SIMS. I handle 800
accounts on a 66Mh 601 box! It doesn't even sweat. You would be better
suited to by two older boxes and then use your G3 from something requiring
some processing (CGI, DB stuff, etc.) Consider LinuxPPC if you want some
real server power out of the box.

So, yes, it will probably work, but IMHO you are wasting your money.

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO