From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
Subject: Re: Any problem with using a g4 with SIMS
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:20:01 -0500 (CDT)
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Cerebus D Aardvark wrote:
> Unless you have an OC-3 or something the speed bump isn't going to be
> noticable.  Sims on a G3 can saturate a T1, and probably a T-3 as
> well.

When I had SIMS running on a 68040 25 Mhz it could saturate our T1 to 80%+
Granted, the older hardware is not as fast on the LAN (in other words, it
is faster than most connections, but slower than LANs so sending a
retrieving mail over the LAN would be sped up by a faster box, but not
really over the wire.)

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO