From: Kreme <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: Any problem with using a g4 with SIMS
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:21:05 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 12:11 6/9/2000 -0700, you wrote:
I saw everyone's response to the idea of a "performance increase", so I
won't make further comment on that (although I will say that my mail server
is a 7200/90 and seems fine).  The only concern I would look at is whether
SIMS is perfectly happy over OS 9, which you'll probably have to run on the
G4.  Hardware won't be a problem; just confirm that the OS is ok.  (I'm
running over 8.1, so I can't speak from personal experience).

I had no trouble with OS 9.0 on a 6300 for the short period of time I had SIMS on that machine.  The 6200 doesn't have enough RAM to run 9.0 though, so it is still running 8.1 or 8.5 or 8.something (not sure, haven't looked at it in a month or six).