From: Mark Hartman <mh-list@harthaven.com>
Subject: Re: Helping users trapped behind Port blocking
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 05:48:36 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 2:57 AM -0700 6/14/00, Joe Wagner wrote:
>I've never used port remapping software like IPNetrouter, but if I simply
>remapped another port number to port 25, doesn't that mean that SIMS's
>outgoing port 25 connections would also be remapped, preventing any email
>from being sent to other servers? Or are port remappings not necessarily
>bidirectional.

The port remappings are definitely NOT bidirectional, unless you set them
up that way.  I have an alternate port on my server mapped to port 25 for
this exact reason; there are too many people trapped behind servers that
won't pass traffic on port 25, and some of them are people that I want to
get e-mail from.

IPNetRouter is the way to go on this.