From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Error -3155
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:17:22 +0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000, 07:48:54 GMT
  Daniele Procida, <procida@apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

>Many thanks for all the help I received regarding my earlier question -
>problem solved.
>
>A new problem has emerged:
>
>Every time someone tries to retrieve mail from the server it throws up
>the message:
>
>08:38:18 3 POP-001([192.168.1.2]) Abort Received, reason=54
>08:38:18 3 POP-001([192.168.1.2]) Reading Failed. Error Code=-3155. Read:
>
>Strangely, it doesn't actually to appear to prevent retrieval from
>working. Looking in the errS resource in ResEdit it appears that -3155 is
>an Open Transport error. (SIMS, OT 1.3, running on a PB 520, MacOS 7.5.5).

The -3155 error here  means that SIMS tried to read from the already closed stream - the remote server/client closed it abruptly, without proper closing a higher level protocol or without waiting for an acknoledgement from SIMS. Usually it happens with MS clients, at the end of a SMTP/POP3 session and can be safely ignored.

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov